Police Discover What Dad Did To Little Girl Who Was Excited For Christmas

In a heart-wrenching and tragic incident that has left a community reeling, a 4-year-old girl’s life was cut short on Christmas Eve in North Carolina. The shocking nature of the crime, coupled with the familial dynamics and alleged failures of the child protective services, has prompted a deep-seated outcry for justice and accountability.

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg police’s swift response to the incident led to the arrest of 26-year-old Demarcus Heath, who now faces charges of murder in connection with the death of young Mariya Owens. The initial report indicated that Mariya had been found unresponsive, sparking an urgent scramble to save her life. Tragically, all efforts proved futile, and the innocent child was pronounced dead upon her arrival at Novant Health Medical Center.

In a heartbreaking twist, the police’s initial findings, indicating that Mariya had choked on an unknown object, were soon contradicted by the shocking revelations that followed. The subsequent autopsy, conducted by the medical examiner, uncovered a horrifying truth:

the 4-year-old had suffered physical assault, shedding a stark light on the circumstances surrounding her untimely demise. This grim discovery led to the arrest of Heath, who has been held in jail without bond and appointed a public defender.

The relationship between Heath and Mariya adds a layer of complexity to the already tragic tale. As the boyfriend of the young girl’s mother, Heath was granted a position of trust and responsibility within the family. However, Mariya’s aunt, Antrinette Pharr, a former guardian of the child, has raised disturbing concerns about the circumstances that led to this devastating event.

Pharr, whose role in Mariya’s life shifted when a custody decision was granted to the girl’s mother, is grappling with a heavy burden of grief and guilt. She places blame on her sister, Mariya’s mother, for allowing Heath to have a presence in the child’s life. According to Pharr, Heath should never have been allowed near Mariya, a sentiment that resonates with the agonizing “what-ifs” that accompany such tragedies.

“I am going to make sure justice is served,” Pharr vowed, her words a poignant reflection of the deep pain and resolve that this incident has ignited within the family. She speaks not only for herself but for Mariya’s memory, fighting to ensure that accountability is upheld and that the innocent child’s life is not in vain.

Amid the collective grief and heartache, another disheartening layer has emerged: concerns about the effectiveness of child protective services. Pharr’s claim that she had alerted Child Protective Services about the potential dangers Mariya faced casts a shadow on the system’s ability to ensure the safety of vulnerable children. The alleged inaction of the agency in response to Pharr’s concerns underscores the urgency for more vigilant oversight and intervention.

“I wish that child protective service would start investigating and listening out to us more than what they do,” Pharr laments, speaking to a widespread frustration shared by many who yearn for a more responsive and proactive approach in safeguarding children from harm. The lack of a comment from the agency on the ongoing situation leaves unanswered questions and deep-seated concerns about its role in this tragic event.

As the investigation unfolds and the legal process begins, the memory of Mariya Owens remains a poignant reminder of the fragility of innocence and the responsibility society bears to protect its most vulnerable members.

The aftermath of this heart-wrenching event will undoubtedly prompt conversations about the efficacy of child protective services and the need for greater vigilance in preventing such devastating tragedies from occurring in the future.